Page properties report not sorting by date

We're using Confluence Server v5.8.4. I'm using the Page Properties Report macro to aggregate info about various projects. Within the data, there's a column named "Target release". I've set the Page Properties Report macro to sort by this column, but it's not working correctly. The content of the column is a string representing a date formatted using the "yyyy-MM-dd" format.

When I first load the page, the column is sorted like this:

After clicking the column header to manually sort the column, it sorts it correctly:

The strange thing is, if I were to start with only a couple pages to pull the report from, it seems to work, but as I add more pages the sorting stops working. I can't tell if the issue is somehow related to the content on the pages outside of the Page Properties macro, but it somewhat seems like it is.

Am I missing something about how this macro and sorting should work?

1 answer

I've got the same problem:

page prop.png

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,011 views 22 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you