Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page hierarchy does not update when I move pages around

Raheema Kadwa October 15, 2019

I am trying to edit the order of my pages in Confluence. When I move pages around, and I refresh my screen - the changes I made do not show. This only happens sometimes. I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Raheema Kadwa

welcome to this wonderful community. 

I've got several questions:

• Are the changes in order you made saved? Means it is not shown but it's still done.
  • Where do you do the order editing and how? 
  • Are there any other problems with saving in your system?
  • Do you get any error messages before saving?

Best wishes

Raheema Kadwa October 16, 2019

- I'm not sure if it's done. I make the change and then wait a few minutes, and then  refresh my screen. Sometimes the changes load; sometimes they don't.

- I do this from the View in Page Hierarchy option from the menu in the top right.

- I also have a problem uploading attachments sometimes. Or, when I log into JIRA and do not select 'remember me' when I click on the menu it needs to me log in again. 

- I do not get any error messages when I try to move pages. They just don't save. 

Thank you!!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Ok that's really interesting - what came to my mind when reading your mentioned points is timeout in system and that you got kicked out. 

Maybe you wanna contact your confluence admin and talk about this issue. 

Another problem may be that syncrony is not proberly - so when other people are working in the space too - collaborative editing and saving cause problems. You may have a look here.

Would be great if you could keep us informed what happened! 

Hope the best!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events