Page Tree for other Spaces?

Neal Howland January 10, 2017

Is there a way to display a Page Tree with the Root page from another Space?

I would like to create an "All Projects" home page that includes several Page Trees from multiple projects, where each project is given its own Space.

I am currently using {page-tree with root = SPACE:Home and get the error:

The root page SPACE:Home could not be found in space SPACE.

even though the Home page does exist in space SPACE.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

Though it doesn't work like you'd think, for your example, put @home in the Root Page field and start typing the Space name in the Restrict to this Space Key field, selecting the Space when auto complete offers it.

Neal Howland January 11, 2017

Perfect! Thanks Milo

Simon Wilmann March 2, 2022

Can you make the tree just show a subset of the other space?

Like amanda.raila likes this
amanda.raila April 25, 2022

I just ran into this same thing!  I found that "Children Display" worked for that scenario. 

Like Siiri Hakulinen likes this
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

Just remember that if you have a tree display macro in Space A that shows Space B, it should only work if the User looking at the page you created in Space A has access to both Spaces A and B

If they don't have access to Space B, then they would see nothing

... at east that is the way it should work ...

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2017

I think that would "breach" the intent of the "privacy" of content within each Space being only visible by those Users that have been granted access to the specific Project Space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events