PDF viewer not showing double f

Veronica
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2023

My pdf is in good condition, but when I attach it to a Confluence page for others to see, any time there is a double f (offer, difference) the word gets jumbled. My readers can not utilize the document. 

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2023

Hi @Veronica welcome! I have a few questions for you.  Are you using Confluence Server or Confluence Cloud?  I'm on Confluence Cloud and I can't recreate your issue.   I just took a word document, typed in the word 'Different', changed the font each one, made a PDF and attached it to a Confluence document.  When I bring up that page, the PDF renders without issues. 

Do you know how the PDF was originally created?  Are there other ways of creating the PDF to try? 

Are people all using the same PDF viewer?  (Browser, Adobe, or something different).  Can you try recreating the PDF with another font to see if that works?  Just a few things to try.

Veronica
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2023

Thank you for your response: I am on a Confluence Server. It is not my PDF so I did not create it, nor do I have the authority to adjust it in any way. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events