Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Export option missing in Confluence

Adrienne Palmer April 19, 2017

Today I am unable to export a space as a PDF, I only have HTML and XML as options.

• I am the administrator and have export permissions

• Space Tools > Content Tools > Export tab -- PDF as an option is removed

• I have tried different browsers

• I can still export single pages as PDFs

6 answers

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2019

Hi,

please check your license. It is probably expired. If it is expired PDF exported is deactivated and HTML and XML only work.

best regards

Gregor

0 votes
GG December 13, 2017

I recommend using Content Exporter for Confluence addon for that. You can export a page tree or even the whole space (by exporting the root page with all children) from the page menu. No need to use Space Tools and no Space Export permission is needed. You can export anything you can view:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.confluence.plugin.pagetreeexporter.pagetree-word-exporter-plugin/cloud/overview

Content Exporter_screenshot.PNG

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

I checked with Cloud support and there are doubts as to whether this is due to the intentional changes we are making. I realize it is inconvenient but we would like everyone whose PDF export disappeared to open a support ticket so we can see if there is a pattern. (The support tickets will include instance URLS and other info you won't want to share publicly.)

0 votes
Ting _Chiou Ting Teh_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2017

Hi all,

We are currently in the process of making a foundational change in our cloud platform that has made some features temporarily unavailable.

You could watch the following tickets for the progress.

JIRA

Confluence

Cheers,

Ting

Cloud Support Team

Stefano June 2, 2017

and you did not bother sending this information out to paying customers???

Chris Mitchell August 17, 2017

I'm seeing this same problem with confluence 6.3.1 (server) -- the pdf export button is missing.  I've checked the add on, and it shows the functionality as enabled.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2017

That's interesting, my Confluence 6.3.2 server test instance does have the PDF export, so I don't think we've removed it from server. Do you have Export permission under Space Tools>Permissions?

Chris Mitchell August 17, 2017

Hi Ann!  I was looking through our logs and found out that someone had installed an add-on "scroll exporter" for pdfs.  For whatever reason, it caused us to lose the confluence pdf export menu item.  I uninstalled the add-on (slapped some fingers) and it's working again.  I appreciate your quick response.

Chris

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2017

It's awesome that you followed up on the forum, it may help the next person who has that happen!

0 votes
Adrienne Palmer May 16, 2017

Hi all -- if you need this functionality immediately, I suggest creating a ticket with support, as it is my understanding they are working on an update to roll out in an upcoming build.

Support was awesome in getting me a quick fix for this feature!

Thanks Atlassian!

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2017

It is possible to disable PDF exports by disabling the plugin that provides the functionality. I disabled it on my test instance and the option disappeared.

Please make sure all modules of the Confluence PDF Export plugin are enabled. This article says how to find the plugin: How to disable PDF Export for Pages or Spaces

Adrienne Palmer April 27, 2017

Hi Ann! Thanks for getting back to me -- I don't know if this is a fix as I cannot disable or enable manually, and it was working before, but just stopped being an option.

I have included a screenshot -- maybe I am missing something?

Thanks in advance!

confluencePDF.png

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2017

I can see from the screen shot you are on our Cloud platform. I checked my Cloud instance to see if the PDF export option had disappeared but it was still there. I removed the export permission from a test user and that user could not see the Export tab at all. Please consider opening a support rrequest for Cloud support on our portal so they may help you determine why the option disappeared: https://getsupport.atlassian.com

Adrienne Palmer April 27, 2017

Thank you Ann, will do!

Tom Fiedler May 8, 2017

Hey Guys, I have the same issue here. I do not get the option to export as PDF (Space Tools > Content Tools > Export tab -- PDF) - only HTML and XML.  I also have all required admin rights. Is there any update yet?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

Hi Tom,

that's strange, I can see the PDF export option. Just checked that in my Confluence cloud environment...

Tom Fiedler May 9, 2017

Is there something, that l could have configured the wrong way? I have checked the plugin that was mentioned before - everything seems to be ok.  

Export.png

Paul Sizer May 11, 2017

I have exactly the same issue, and really need to export the space into pdf to send to external customers. Is there any work around?

Guy Levy May 16, 2017

Same problem here, seems to be a common issue of cloud users... . Any proper answer? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events