PDF Export of the page has very large spacing issues

Rebecca Wise November 30, 2017

I have a confluence page that has a lot of verbiage on it that is exported on a weekly basis. It is just a long list of bulleted items. When I export the PDF, I have very large chunks of blank space towards the end/beginning of each page... how do I correct the stylesheet so that I don't have these spacing issues?

2 answers

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

There was a border around a portion of Rebecca's page, as if it were inside a table. It wasn't clear what was generating it. After we eliminated the mystery border, the PDF export worked as expected.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Please let me know:

• Do you have a PDF layout or stylesheet in place?
  • Are you exporting via Space Tools (bottom left) or using the page tools menu (...) top right?

Please examine the layout and stylesheet if any at Space Tools>Look and Feel to see if the spaces are being added there.

• One way to test without any customizations is to create a test space with no customizations and copy the page to that space, then see if the export still has the blank space.

If the export still has the blank space on a test space, then probably the blank space is being caused by something in the page itself.

• Please paste the storage format of the page into a code block on this thread. Storage format can be retrieved on the page tools (...) menu>View Storage Format.

I created a page that was all bullet points and it exported without any blank lines. Here is how the top of my plain vanilla bullet point page came out in the PDF export - there's no blank space at the bottom, either.Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 3.38.04 PM.png

Rebecca Wise December 1, 2017

We do not have a PDF layout or stylesheet in place. I am exporting from the page tools menu at the top right. I tried what you suggested, and the PDF issue is still there on the copy of the page. 

Rebecca Wise December 1, 2017

When I attempt to enter the code block, I get the following error: Your message was not accepted. Check for invalid HTML or try reposting as plain text.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
December 1, 2017

To workaround the formatting limitation I created a ticket on our support portal on your behalf. You should receive an email shortly asking for the storage format and other materials.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events