OutOfMemory Issue!

Neeraj Tiwari September 22, 2012

Hello,

A few days back I increased the max heap memory pool for Confluence to 2048 MB. Other details are as follows:

Initial Memory pool: 256 MB

-XX:MaxPermSize=384MB to the java options section.

After this issue I restarted Confluence and it is working fine now but I somehow feel that it will happen again. So, wanted to report this problem. Attached, are the Confluence log files.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

Hi, what version of Java and Confluence are you using? Is this on 32 or 64bit? Later Confluence versions that support Java 7 will help. Java 7 should reduce memory usage.

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

As Norman mentioned before if you are using HSQL database we suggesto to migrate to a external database, but if you are using a production database I believe your instance will work fine...however if this issue returns you can try increase your memory size, and also you check the usage of your office files in Confluence, this may consume your Confluence memory.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2012

Here are the urls about memory usage and requirements for Confluence.

If you are using the default HSQL database, you will run out of memory again. You should switch to an external database.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Memory+usage+and+requirements

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Server+Hardware+Requirements+Guide

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events