Ouch! We can't load the image.

Martin Helmbrecht
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2018

2 answers

1 vote
Sarunas Radzevicius June 2, 2020

Hello, so how did you fixed it? I found a lot of requests about this problem but no solution. In my case some pictures disappeared in specific version and when I try to view with another browser - the same result:

Ouch! We can't load the image

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2018

Hi Martin,

I'm assuming this is on Confluence Cloud. Could you confirm?

I'd just like you to confirm a few things with me.

1. Is this issue affecting only your user? Does it only affect your computer? What about outside of your current network?
  2. If you were to test this in Incognito Mode, does the issue persist? What about if you clear your Chrome cache entirely, and disable all extensions?
  3. Can you confirm if you are behind a firewall or proxy?

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Darius V January 30, 2019

Also not loading for me. I asked one other user, for him it loads. Trying on mobile phone on mobile internet - same. 

I have tried incognito mode, still same. 

Users should not clear cache entirely, cache should be updated when it is needed only for specific site.

Clearing cache did not help. 

Disabling extensions helped, but then enabled them and still loads.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2019

Darius,

Is this happening to all of your attachments, and can you confirm if you're on Cloud?

The first thing you want to do is make sure that your network isn't blocking any of the required IP addresses and domains that are needed to connect to Cloud.

If that doesn't help, I would recommend reaching out to the Cloud team with this case, because they can test your attachments and check the log files to see what the issue is.

Regards,

Shannon

Darius V January 31, 2019

As I said it is not happening anymore. Probably I am on cloud. So probably network is not blocking if now they are loading. 

And why should network ever block jira IP ? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2019

Darius,

To explain, we use a variety of domains and IP ranges to serve the information required for Cloud to work. This is more than just the Atlassian IP ranges (since we also use AWS), and other domains than just the *.atlassian.net domain.

Some companies have a very restricted internal network, and will block all access to outside IP ranges and domains for security reasons. In this case, they'll experience issues with loading parts of Cloud, such as javascript and attachments. One example is that you'd come to a Cloud page and you can see all the content but there's no CSS or scripts loaded.

For those customers, we ask them to open up their internal firewall to allow access to our IP ranges and domains to avoid that issue.

I'm happy to hear this isn't happening anymore for you. If it does occur again, please reach out to my colleagues so we can have a look at your server logs.

Take care,

Shannon

Sibabalwe Mvelo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 29, 2021

Also a problem for me. What was the fix?

stefanovicova
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 16, 2023

I am having this issue very often, randomly I am loosing the attachments to our confluence documentation. 

KimBley Griffin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 28, 2024

Per one of Shannon S's suggestions, upon my viewing the images on Chrome browser via Incognito mode, the "Ouch!" issue disappeared.  

KimBley Griffin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 28, 2024

This Incognito mode solution is sufficient for me for now.

Terry G
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 12, 2024

We are also having this issue.

It does not affect all pages nor does it affect all images on a page. Some images display just fine.

If I go into attachments, and click on one of the images, it displays this error message.

/download/attachments/3402125638/image-2024-4-10_20-55-53.png?version=1&modificationDate=1712800554438&api=v2

If I right-click and open the image link in aother tab, the image displays properly.

/download/attachments/3402125638/image-2024-4-10_20-55-53.png?api=v2

Note that the result url is different. Not sure what to do with that information.

This is a relatively complex page with multiple tabs and content in each one that gets updated weekly. I tried copying the content of one tab to a new child page. When I did, the contents all appeared. Not sure if the images will continue to appear, but it looks like they are. that suggests a problem with the original page data.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events