Option for upgrade/recovery

Brent Wesley April 15, 2021

Hi everyone

I have a problem with our old confluence v5 server currently due to corruption in the mysql innoDB where a prepared XA transaction will not rollback or commit.  I have spent hours beating my head with every guide I can find. I can get access to the innoDB with restore mode set to 4. it shows no prepared transaction but when you try to go back to no restore mode it fails with a prepared transaction again (same id).

That said we do have a recent confluence backup which I want to be able to restore to a new server. 

Being such an old version what is the best approach to restoring the backup to a new version of confluence? Install the old version, restore then update or just Install latest and then restore.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

@Brent WesleyWelcome to community.

You will need to restore to the same version of confluence as the backup.  Once that has been completed you can upgrade.  Guide for upgrading below. 

Guide to upgrading Confluence

Brent Wesley April 15, 2021

Thanks Brant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events