It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Only some JIRA projects/issues are visible in Confluence Edited

Mileage Entry Application - KB - Confluence.png

On a page in Confluence, I can create links to JIRA issues, but some projects do not show up in the search box.  

I've set the permissions on the ones that don't show up to match the ones that do show up. ( I am an Admin on both systems )

On the Confluence page, I can use the paste method to add the link, but then I get this error on the issues were the projects don't show up in the search box of the macro.

MVRS-1 - JIRA issue doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it.

But right below that one, I can insert one from a different project that works.

PCI-4 - Telemetry Data IN PROGRESS

I've re-indexed and re-linked the applications to each other.

Not sure why this is continuing to fail.

Anyone having the same issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Turns out I needed to reset to the default permission schema that allows these new projects to be available in Confluence.

I have exactly the same problem, only the reset to default schema did not help. Add permission to group Anyone for browse project  don't help.

Everything works in preview mode, but there is an error in normal mode view page

Jira(8) and Confluence(7) server versions

Can someone tell me where you can find the confluence  jira add-on work log?

In my case Confluence does not display Jira tasks if custom fields are selected for display!

Your Confluence user id might be linked to a different user id in JIRA and that user might not have permission to the MVRS project.

If you are not sure, can you try removing the Confluence OAuth token from JIRA and do the OAuth token creation once again?

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/allowing-oauth-access-935895245.html for more details on revoking the tokens.

Thanks!

I checked and the user account is the same on both systems and has permissions as an admin to manage the project in JIRA.

Are you able to see that issue when you are logged in to JIRA? Being an admin doesn't grant you "browse" permissions.

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

283 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you