Notifications not batched for attachments

Jan March 15, 2018

I really like the batched notifications which were coming with 5.10 (?) - that really reduced the number of E-Mails for watchers. It seems like adding or removing attachments still create notifications 1 by 1 - is this correct? 

Is there a way to control, if watchers are notified when adding / removing attachments at all? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2018

Hi there, Jan - You are correct, adding and removing attachments does generate notifications:

Whenever an attachment in a page are added, updated or deleted, each action will generate a email notification to the watchers. If the page involves many attachments, watchers will received unwanted notification storm and noise.

There is a way to disable notifications for adding/removing attachments: How To Disable Notifications For Attachments Action

Go to > Add Ons
Select All Add-Ons From the Drop Down List
Search for Confluence File Notifications
Expand the modules
Disable file-content-update-notification & file-content-delete-notification

I hope this is a good workaround for your team.

Thanks,

Ann

Jan April 11, 2018

Hi @AnnWorley - we have checked this option and decided not to deactivate the notifications for all attachments as some teams rely on these when files are updated. Perfect would be, if we could just deactivate this for image files. Would that be possible? 

Ronald van Rij September 4, 2019

Even though this thread pretty old, the ideal situation would be include the attachments updated events in batched notifications rather than disabling these completely. @AnnWorley , has any work been done with this in mind? I couldn't find an issue in the Jira bug tracker.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events