Not able to Edit space Key in Confluence Service Desk.

ss March 11, 2021

Not able to Edit space Key in Confluence Service Desk. 

We are not able to see the feature to edit Space Key in Confluence JSD.

SEN Number: SEN-14425122

6 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2021

Hi @ss 

I understand that you are wanting to rename the space key on a Confluence Server instance.  This is not something that Confluence can do right now.  However we do have feature requests for this over in CONFSERVER-2085 for Confluence Server or CONFCLOUD-2085 for Confluence Cloud.

At the moment, I do not have a timetable for an in product solution here.  I would recommend reading our Implementation of New Features Policy to better understand how we prioritize changes in product. However we do have a knowledge base article that can address this.  Please see How to copy or rename a space in Confluence.

For Confluence Server: the recommendation in that KB is to use the Copy Space for Confluence.  This plugin will permit you to copy the space, and in turn when that space is copied you can give it a new space key.  I understand this is not exactly the same thing a renaming an existing space, but this is the recommended solution right now.

I hope this helps.

Andy

0 votes
ss March 22, 2021

Hi Kagithala.

Hope you are doing good!

Could you please let us know if there is any expected resolution date for this feature request or there is no ETA for this feature request still now.

Thanks,

Sudip Samanta

0 votes
ss March 16, 2021

Hi Kagithala.

Could you please let us know if there is any expected resolution date for this feature request or there is no ETA for this feature request still now.

Thanks,

Sudip Samanta

0 votes
ss March 11, 2021

Thanks Kagithala.

Yes, I have checked this feature request.

We are wondering if we have any expected resolution date for this feature request.

Thanks,

Sudip Samanta

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2021

Hello @ss,

We can't edit Space Key for a confluence Space. 

There is feature request. Please check this CONFSERVER-2085.

Thanks,

Anvesh

0 votes
ss March 11, 2021

Hi Team, If this is a know bug, please suggest a expected resolution date for this bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events