Non-Admin Users Can't See Categories Menu in Confluence

Asai September 15, 2013

Greetings,

I know this probably a permissions issue, but I can't seem to get the Categories menu at the top to show up for users who have permissions to a particular space (using Refined Wiki). As a admin user, I can see the categories menu at the top, and when I click it, it drops down to reveal all the spaces within, but I cannot get the same functoinality to work for normal users. I have restricted normal users to have no permissions for anything other than add / edit for the space they're assigned to, but I don't understand why this would affect the categories menu.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dennis Andersen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Hey!
This does seem like a permissions issue. A user can only see a category if he/she has view permission to at least one of the spaces in that category. If your user has view permission of a space in a category, it should be visible. If it isn't, check that you aren't using the manual category permissions. Here's some info from the RefinedWiki documentation: Doc

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Clyde Moseley February 10, 2014

Gus we had an issue with one new user and toggling the manual permission checkbox worked for us as well.

0 votes
Gus Welter January 21, 2014

I had recently changed permissions on a lot of our spaces. I had also enabled Nested Groups in our Active Directory connector in Confluence. One user reported that she could access spaces through search and some other modules on the Dashboard, but she didn't have any of the category tabs at the top.

After extensive troubleshooting, I finally went into the RefinedWiki Category Them Configuration, changed Manual Category Permissions to Enabled, and then changed it back to Disabled. This finally fixed the problem, so it appears the RefinedWiki category permissions had somehow gotten stuck.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events