No allowlist option is visible in my general configuration as described in the instructions.

Bruce Guy April 7, 2021

When following this site, https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-the-allowlist-381255821.html, I'm not seeing the allowedList option. 

A content admin is trying to input an html include but gets an error saying it needs to be added to the allowed list.  

I verified the confluence html-include  is enabled in the plugins but I don't see an allowedlist option under general configuration.  What am I missing?  thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2021

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us! I hope you are doing well.

The article you shared mentions in the top-right that it is for Confluence 7.11. According to the Confluence 7.8 release notes:

"Allowlist" and "blocklist" are clearer, more direct terms that now replace "whitelist" and "blacklist" in the Confluence user interface. There are no API changes, so whitelist and blacklist remain in the codebase.

It sounds like you are on Confluence version 7.4.4. The article you're looking for is Configuring the Whitelist for Confluence version 7.4. The option should be "whitelist" and not "allowlist" in your version. Can you try that and let me know if you have that option?

Take care,

Shannon

Bruce Guy April 8, 2021

yes, Thank you.

Like Shannon S likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events