Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Email Notification on Space/Page Updates

Khloe Tijerina May 11, 2022

Data Center and Server 7.13 site.

My team and I are all watchers of our team space and what to be notified of any new content or updates made to existing pages. We have set our person email settings to the ones below, but we only get emails for comments that are made.

Subscribe to new follower notification

Notify on my actions

Show Changed Content

Subscribe to recommended updates

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

@Khloe Tijerina Welcome to the Atlassian community

Notifications are always fun to troubleshoot. I would suggest the following:

1. Validate your notification settings for your account https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf713/email-notifications-1077913952.html
  2. Check the mail queue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/the-mail-queue-151387.html
  3. Troubleshoot: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/e-mail-notifications-not-working-test-e-mails-working-785618410.html
  4. Work with admin of the mail server and network team to trace the email and make sure it is going out and being delivered.  (Splunk works really well for this if you have it)
Khloe Tijerina June 2, 2022

Hello Brant, I apologize for the delay and appreciate your feedback. I have reviewed these links at length along with a couple of administrators. We are not seeing that an email job is being generated at all for updates. We are continuing to troubleshoot.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
0 votes
Pascal Oberle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

Hello Khloe,

Welcome on the Atlassian community forum.

Thanks for asking a question! 

It seems you could have a problem with your notifications and notifications sent to Space Watcher.

According to the official documentation for Confluence 7.13, 

You'll receive email notifications for:

• Page / blog post edits (unless the author clears the 'Notify watchers' check box).
  • Deletions.
  • Attachments, including new versions or deletions of an existing attachment.
  • Comments, including new comments or deletions of existing comments.

Could you confirm that a new page edit in your team space will not trigger the notification? When you are in edit mode on a Confluence page you should ensure that the checkbox 'Notify watchers' is ticked before publishing the page.

I would also recommend having a look at the Watches under your User Profile

The 'Watches' page in your user profile displays a list of all pages and spaces you are currently watching.

To manage your watches:

1. Choose your profile picture at top right of the screen, then choose Watches.
  2. Choose Stop Watching for any unwanted spaces or pages.

That will confirm if you are properly watching your Team Space or if the watch/notification has been inadvertently removed for instance.

Thanks Khloe, hope this can be helpful to you to start with and will look forward to reading your update!

Khloe Tijerina June 2, 2022

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We found that we had the 'No Email Strom' plug in installed and have now disabled. However this is still not working. I have confirmed that the 'Notify Watchers' checkbox is selected. I can also confirm that I am watching the appropriate spaces but am still unable to receive notification. We verified that there isn't stuck in the mail queue. We do we receive emails for comments posted, blog, and team calendar updates. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events