New search - How to find a Space

Eric Sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2019

Just upgraded and now have the new search.  I am sure as I and the rest of my company use it more we may come to like it, however, for our most common search we are finding using the new search to be more painful.

I am putting this out there as someone may be able to guide me on how to do this search so that I can find what I am looking for easily. 

The search is a simple one and it is a search for a Space. Not searching within a Space, searching for a Space. 

We have 100's of spaces and previously we could type in the name (even just the first few characters) and it would be in the bottom 2 results. Now we get 100's of pages and have to scroll down and down and down to find it. Or we need to use the space button at the side, find the space (perfect) and then search for a page to get the home page of the space.  Many more keystrokes and mouse movements.

As an example, we have a space called Admin.  We also have 100's of pages with the work Admin in them. So when you type this you do not see the space, you see all the pages. Most of the time we like to go direct to the space home page.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Hello Eric,

The search in the top of Confluence is to search through content, but if you need to find a specific space, then I recommend that you use The Space Directory.

You can use this directory no narrow down your spaces based on categories as well as searching the name of the space.

Have a look at that, and let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events