New Editor only for Confluence Cloud?

Amelie Ambos January 18, 2021

Hi there,

is the new editor only available at Confluence Cloud or will there also be the possibility for Confluence hosting by Server/Data Center?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards, Amelie

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Amelie Ambos 

At this moment, there's no plan to make the Confluence Cloud Editor available to the Confluence Data Center.

This was reported as a feature request in CONFSERVER-59536 and is currently closed.

The main reason for this is that Cloud and Data Center are a completely separated product and the Editor is a major feature on both, which makes it difficulty to have parity.

The Editor in Confluence Data Center is TinyMCE, which is currently on version 5 since Confluence 7.7.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Amelie Ambos January 18, 2021

Hi @Thiago Masutti ,

thank you for your quick and detailed answer. I will pass this on to my colleagues.

Best regards,

Amelie

Inderpal Yadav April 11, 2022

@Thiago Masutti  - We have requirement where we have exported the data from Confluence Data Center version to Confluence Cloud Version, import was completed with no issues, however on the pages we see the option which says "This page can be converted to the new editor", "Some page elements aren't supported in the new editor". We are able to continue our work ignoring this message. Which means we are doing edit in the legacy editor. My query is if we continue using old editor and do not convert the pages, will there be any issue in future?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events