Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Confluence side bar: how to hide it on a tablet ?

Bruno Miretti August 18, 2017

Hi,

I did not find any option to hide the (left) side bar while navigating in Confluence with its new design on a tablet / Android.

Has anyone found the option ?

Thanks

(i) Browsers used/tested: Firefox, Chrome

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2017

Hi Bruno,

There's a tiny blue bar/arrow that appears when you hover over it with the mouse on the desktop version approximately in the middle of the sidebar that lets you minimize the sidebar, and although there's no way to make it appear on mobile, I was able to activate it by tapping approximately in the middle. It took some tries, but it does appear to work. You could maybe check on the desktop version exactly where it appears.

Bruno Miretti August 18, 2017

Hi Stephen,

Ok, I see it, in fact the arrow is too small and I have to tap the screen multiple times to expect hiding the bar but most of the time it does not do what I want. I remember there was an option on the top right part of the window in a previous version. It was very useful, mainly with touch screens, but it seems once again, useful options are removed with the new interface.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2017

Unfortunately so... I suppose with any new change there will be growing pains until they can get it right again. Hopefully it will improve with time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events