this is very strange...
We have a confluence 3.5.9 installation. There are many many users writing blogs and sites.
But only ONE of that User has the following szenario:
If I log in on that users machine, same browser, same entry to create - IT WORKS. But why?
Is there any restriction to the editor itself? This issue occurs only for ONE User.
Someone else encountered this issue? Do you need any further information?
I'm very grateful for any help!
it is very strange, but finally I got a solution. It's not logical, but it worked for me.
What I did:
1. Add User to group jira-administrators - editor appears!
2. Remove User from group jira-administrators - editor disappears again!
3. Approval if actual groups can write a blog - group rights ok!
4. Add User to a group which has no access to write a blog there - no editor appears!
5. Allow that group to write a blog - no editor appears!
6. Revoke access of that group to write a blog. But user still in that group - editor APPEARS again!
7. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. So log off.
8. Log in again. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT - editor appears!!
9. Fine. User is happy.
I don't know which logic is behind, but it actually worked.
This is strange indeed. I recommend to check and analyze the page content with a firebug and compare the results for both users, the one that works and the other who doesn't.
Also, are you able to reproduce this problem in a newer confluence version? The version 3.5.9 is a very old one and you might be running into some old bug as well.
I was just about to send another mail to Atlassian about this.
It's a good idea to compare the contents.
I agree with you, that this is an old version we're running. We're planning to update this PROD confluence to 5.0.3 first, and to 5.4.4.
Our TEST confluence is already updated that way - btw thanks to the community for any help! - Now, in TEST it works for that user.
We will see after the upgrading process in PROD. I'll report the results after the, hopefully, successfull upgrade.
With kind regards from Germany,
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team! July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures — and as an extension of our first post on what ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs