Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blog/Site: User can write into title, but content-editor isn't visible.

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

Hi @all,

this is very strange...

We have a confluence 3.5.9 installation. There are many many users writing blogs and sites.
But only ONE of that User has the following szenario:

If I log in on that users machine, same browser, same entry to create - IT WORKS. But why?
Is there any restriction to the editor itself? This issue occurs only for ONE User.

Someone else encountered this issue? Do you need any further information?
I'm very grateful for any help!

Best Regards

Mario

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
T_CON GmbH _ Co_ KG June 4, 2014

Hi,

it is very strange, but finally I got a solution. It's not logical, but it worked for me.

What I did:

1. Add User to group jira-administrators - editor appears!

2. Remove User from group jira-administrators - editor disappears again!

3. Approval if actual groups can write a blog - group rights ok!

4. Add User to a group which has no access to write a blog there - no editor appears!

5. Allow that group to write a blog - no editor appears!

6. Revoke access of that group to write a blog. But user still in that group - editor APPEARS again!

7. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. So log off.

8. Log in again. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT - editor appears!!

9. Fine. User is happy.

I don't know which logic is behind, but it actually worked.

Cheers,

Mario

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2014

Hi Mario,

This is strange indeed. I recommend to check and analyze the page content with a firebug and compare the results for both users, the one that works and the other who doesn't.

Also, are you able to reproduce this problem in a newer confluence version? The version 3.5.9 is a very old one and you might be running into some old bug as well.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Rodrigo,

I was just about to send another mail to Atlassian about this.
It's a good idea to compare the contents.

I agree with you, that this is an old version we're running. We're planning to update this PROD confluence to 5.0.3 first, and to 5.4.4.

Our TEST confluence is already updated that way - btw thanks to the community for any help! - Now, in TEST it works for that user.
We will see after the upgrading process in PROD. I'll report the results after the, hopefully, successfull upgrade.

With kind regards from Germany,

Mario

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2014

Hi Mario,

Bitteschön.

Thanks for the feedback. It will be great if you can share the results here after upgrading Prod :)

Kind regards from Brazil.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

T_CON GmbH _ Co_ KG July 13, 2015

Hi, to complete this one: After upgrade this behaviour hasn't occured any more. Regards, Mario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events