Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting Expand Macros. Document is not showing the latest Expandable boxes

Paul Slater June 9, 2022

I have a long document in Confluence with many expandable boxes to make viewing the document easier.

The last few expandable boxes I've added over this week are not appearing in the document. But are present in 'Edit' mode.

Is there a limit to how many Expandable Macros one can embed in a document?

Additional Information:

It seems that only 7 expand macros can be seen within an expand macro box, even though more can be present?

1 answer

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Paul Slater ,

Welcome to the community. 

I added 11 "Expand" macros to the page in confluence server version 7.4.13 and 7.13.7 and I could not find any issues. 

If you are Ok, can you open page in edit mode, click on 3 dots near "Close" button at the end of the page, click "Revert to last published version" (this will delete any contents which you did not save before)

Open page and add the expand macros again and save the changes. If still issue occurs, please share the "View Source" screenshot. 

image.png

Paul Slater June 9, 2022

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed 

That fixed the issue. 

Many thanks!

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Please accept the answer, this could be useful for other users with similar issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events