Moving page trees with restrictions

Sara Weaver
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2021

I know that I can’t move a page if I’m not included in its Add or View restrictions, but I’m not sure how this works with descendant pages. What happens if I try to move a tree of pages, but it includes descendant pages I can’t view or edit? Does the entire move fail, or are the restricted pages left in place with new parent pages? I’m mostly thinking of moving to different spaces in case that’s relevant. I’d have all the requisite space-level permissions required, I’m just concerned about page-level restrictions here.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Sara Weaver 

This is a cool question! I had to try this out and found this:

• The page with the restrictions, which you can not see, will be moved as a sister page of the home page of it's current space

Example:

Space A

• Home Page of Space A
    • Page A Parent Page
      • Page A no restrictions
      • Page B with restrictions

Now I move "Page A Parent Page" to Space B.

This will look like this:

Space B

• Home Page of Space B
    • Page A Parent Page
      • Page A no restrictions

And on Space A it looks like this:

• Home Page of Space A
  • Page B with restrictions

Best Case Scenario is when you try it by yourself with a colluege which will make the restrictions. Then you really now what happens ;) 

Regards, Dominic

Sara Weaver
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 15, 2021

Thanks so much Dominic!

Like Dominic Lagger likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events