Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving attachments with pages not always possible, why?

Silke Baumgarten May 5, 2021

Dear Community,

we are using Confluence 7.10.1.

We use a space as a "template space", that means we copy this space again and again and then fill information into the newly created space.

Now we use draw.io for many graphics. We noticed yesterday that our draw.ios are broken when we copy. I investigated why this is: draw.io is attached as attachment to a page and is not copied automatically.

I tried to copy the space WITH attachment, but can't select that when copying (see screenshot).

attachment problem.JPG

Even my colleague as admin cannot select this for some spaces/pages. Is there any reason here?

Thank you and best regards!

1 answer

0 votes
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi,

so you copied the space but there weren't drawio attachments under three dots top right > Attachments? (you mentioned drawio diagrams are broken) 

Could you tell me the exact steps you performed in order to copy the space? Do you see the same issue in other browsers and Incognito mode?

Thanks,

Marija

Silke Baumgarten May 7, 2021

Hi Marija,

thanks for your answer :) i copied the space and after that there were no more draw.ios under the attachments, in the original the draw.ios are present. While researching what is the reason that the draw.ios are not copied with I noticed that I generally do not have the option to copy attachments (see screenshot above).

I tried this in firefox and chrome.

The steps were:

1) Select the page you want to copy.

2) Select "copy page" in the top right corner of the burger menu.

3) Try to select "include attached files and images" -> doesn't work.

I can also take screenshots if that helps, but I think I already included the most important above.

Thanks for your help,

Silke

Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

Thanks. My suggestion would be to check the following article, it might help  yuo: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/copy-a-page-139013.html 

Kind regards,

Marija

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events