Moving Confluence pages in hierarchy

Daryl Horrocks January 24, 2018

If I move pages in a page tree (i.e., move a child page to a different parent), will someone's bookmark to that page update to the new location? What edits could cause a bookmark to break?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

Changing the name of a page (fortunately they are unique within a space, or I could not say that) or the space it is in may break bookmarks.  Moving it within a space will not do any damage.

Daryl Horrocks January 24, 2018

Yeah renaming seems to cause problems. I was able to move it to another section without issues but I didn't know how much I could restructure pages before it started to affect the overall hierarchy.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

You should only worry about "rename page" (which only affects the "friendly" url - the page retains its short url on the page-information tab, and its page id which you can always use to get to view or edit), and when you move a page from one space to another (again, short url and id don't change, just the friendly one)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events