Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification of sign-up page

Lars Bjerges November 3, 2013

In our organization we disapprove of Confluence usernames that hail from the users mail address since we, in anticipation of moving the authorization into the AD, would like to have the users register with their common user id. Beacuse of that we would like to manipulate the sign-up page to suppress the automatic entry of email data into the username field or, second best, add a text reminding the user of the preferred username.I have read the page "How to Customise the Sign Up Page" (https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/vIT_Eg) but that didn t really give me any answers except for maybe how to add a text string to the page.

Did anybody address this problem before me? If so how?

Regards Lars

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lars Bjerges November 27, 2013

Well since it seems nobody is in the mood to share information about this I think I might as well close it.

Cheers, Lars

0 votes
Lars Bjerges December 3, 2013

Another try with different browser...

0 votes
Lars Bjerges December 3, 2013

Trying to answer/close the question.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2013

This is not something which is supported. You should already be moving the users to Active Directory as the first step and connect Confluence to the LDAP server.

Lars Bjerges November 17, 2013

Ok, this seems to be a good idea and is actually the place we will like to be. DUe to different reasons we hav not been able to go there yet.

Would this be a resonably good way to get there do you think?

1. Add LDAP Confluence as second authirization
  2. Verify that users are definied in LDAP
  3. Remove users from Confluence authorization
  4. See to it that they use LDAP credentials henceforth

Regards Lars

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

You can just add the LDAP authorization and disable the internal directory. You will have to redo the group administration if the groups are not synchronized from the LDAP server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events