Migrating Confluence Between Servers Question about start up

Kathy Plamann June 22, 2015

Hi

I have been working on Migrating Confluence Between Servers from Atlassian documentation. I am stuck on understanding step 13 below. I am use to setting up Confluence as a Windows service–how can I do this with a migration? This is Confluence 5.5..6

Thanks

Kathy

image2015-6-22 8:58:47.png

1 answer

0 votes
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2015

Hey Kathy,

The atlassian migration guide was made for large instances as the xml backup export/import is not very reliable when you have large amounts of data.

If you are migrating using those steps make sure you set up the latest oracle JAVA 1.7 as the JAVA_HOME environmental variable.

After you do that start confluence trough the start-confluence.bat file as per step 14 and test if Confluence is working fine. Once you confirm that shutdown Confluence and follow below guide to set it up as a windows service:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Start+Confluence+Automatically+on+Windows+as+a+Service#StartConfluenceAutomaticallyonWindowsasaService-ManuallyInstallingtheConfluenceDistributionasaService

information That should do the trick.

If you are dealing with a small instance then try generating a xml backup from the source environment, installing a fresh confluence on target environment and then restoring that xml backup smile.

Thanks and Regards,
Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events