Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microblogging for Confluence - Uninstalling - Data Loss?

Horst Buck December 25, 2021

After Update to Confluence Server 7.13.2 and LInchpin 5.1.3 we have some problems with the Microblogging-App for Confluence. When we deactivate the app, everything works fine.

My ideas are:

-Updating to Confluence Server 7.13.3 (LTS) and reactive the Microblogging-App or

-Uninstalling of the Microblogging-App and new Installation of Version 6.0.11 - but my question: When you uninstall the app, are the existent data loss?

Thanks for some info.

Regards Horst Buck

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Krause
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2021

Hello Horst,

thank you for your question! Yes, it is always save to uninstall the Microblog to re-install the same version again. If you consider to downgrade to a previous version in the future, please check back with our support team, so we can verify, that there are no changes that would interfere in this case.

Best regards,
Robert

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2021

There would be no harm in going to 7.13.3, but I doubt it will affect this much.  You haven't said what the problems you are seeing actually are, but I suspect they are down to the app, not so much Confluence.

The installation of a new version of the app is definitely the first thing I would try.

You will not lose data if you remove the app, but I would not delete it and then install a new version.  I would leave it disabled and use the "upgrade" option for it on the "manage apps" page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events