Menu Tab's Still Partially Visible Despite Being Restricted

Peter Whitfield March 18, 2013

Hi,

I've successfully managed to restrict menu's depending on user/group permissions, however - despite the menu headers (words) now being invisible to certain groups, the tabs that they sit in are still partially visible (at the top). I've attached an image so you can see what i mean. Any advice on how to get rid of the top-of-the-tabs would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Pete

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

Hi Peter,

How are you restricting permissions on those menu items? Also, could you confirm which version of Zen you're using?

Zen will prune any empty menu items left behind using our Restrict macro. However, we've seen cases where extra white space creeps in via the editor (such as <p> tags wrapping the macro). We recommend installing the Confluence Source Editor plugin (and restricting its use to Confluence Admins) for use in pruning out this kind of troublesome space.

Peter Whitfield March 26, 2013

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for your advice. I'll try the Confluence Source editor and see if this sorts it out.

Many thanks

Pete

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events