Login via URL (7.19.1) (atlassian.allow.insecure.url.parameter.login)

IST September 5, 2022

Hello,

we recently updated our Confluence Instance and noticed that it isn't possible to login using URL Parameter anymore.

Read a couple other questions asking for the same to which setting atlassian.allow.insecure.url.parameter.login was recommended as a workaround.

I added to setenv.bat the following before the START_CONFLUENCE_JAVA_OPTS call:
set CATALINA_OPTS=-Datlassian.allow.insecure.url.parameter.login=true %CATALINA_OPTS%

This doesn't seem to work though, utilizing URLs prior to the update (which worked) still send any request to the Login Form.

Checking systeminfo.action strangely Java Runtime Arguments isn't listing atlassian.allow.insecure.url.parameter.login despite above line being included in the bat file.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks and regards, Steven

Ah damn it...just realized I posted this in the wrong section...

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
IST September 5, 2022

Found it by following this guide 

First two entries explain the sh method (Linux) and bat (Windows), which is what I did initially and didn't work.

What I had to do was follow the service route with tomcat9w instead of tomcat8w.
Adding -Datlassian.allow.insecure.url.parameter.login=true to the Java Options as mentioned how to in the aforementioned guide.

Restarting Confluence after doing so allowed URL Logins again.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Don't mark this right, it's not an answer. 

As you have volunteered that you think you've raised it in the wrong place (I wish more people would pay that much attention!), I've moved it.  Please yell if you think I've got the wrong destination!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events