Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Issue

Anastasia Sanina September 19, 2016

For some reason I was not able to login with my regular Confluence account and I tried to Login with Google. As a result I was able to login and see my space but with read-only permission instead of administrative permission that I had before. Additionally when viewing people directory I can see that there are two users with exactly the same name and email. How can I get back to my original account and permissions?

1 answer

0 votes
David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

Ask your Confluence Administrator to reset your password, and delete your Google account.

(It sounds like you have one account which has Admin permission, but you forgot the password.

So you clicked "Log in with Google" which made Confluence create a second account using your Google account name.

If you entered your real name for your Google account, your real name now shows up twice in Confluence - once with the company account you're supposed to use and once for the googly extra account that you created by choosing to login using the Google Account.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events