License update "XSRF check failed"

Reinhard Moser
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

When i try to update the license of confluence 5.10.3 i get a "XSRF check failed" error. How can i fix this?

Thanks,

Reinhard

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Reinhard Moser
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Hi Mario,

thank you for your answer. Both did not work. 

I am using an apache proxy in front of my confluence - when i connect direct to the confluence server i as able to update the license.

Cheers,

Reinhard

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2016

You're welcome.

2 votes
Daniel Petzen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2017

Hi

Make sure the Base URL is the same as the URL you're using.

I had the same problem with a freshly installed Confluence 6.0.4 when I tried to apply the license. I started off by using the internal Tomcat webserver on port 8090. I then installed Apache with mod_proxy and was using the confluence.example.com, but hadn't updated the Base URL.

The XSRF failure disappeared as soon as I updated the Base URL.

Cheers,
  Dan 

Alexander Finger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2017

I moved the site to https, after changing the base url the license worked as intended. Thanks for the hint!

0 votes
Mitch Gann September 8, 2016

Hello, I also have this exact same problem when updating my developer license in Confluence.  I will be opening a support ticket regarding this issue.

0 votes
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2016

Hi Reinhard, 

you could try to temporary diable XSRF Token: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/configuring-xsrf-protection-427624344.html

But usually you should be able to update license with a valid session / token. Did you try to log out and log in again? 

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards, 
Mario 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events