License in testenvironment

KentGran June 23, 2013

Hi!

We have a test environment where we have a clone of our production environment containing both JIRA and Confluence. I am about to upgrade Confluence but our testenvironment does not have a valid license (since our license is used in the production env.) Do we need 2 licenses to perform a testinstallation before we upgrade our production environment or is there some other solution to this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2013

Yes you need separate licences, but it's not too painful.

If you log into your "my atlassian" account and find your confluence licence, look beneath it and you'll find a link to "Generate developer licence". The developer licence must NOT be used for production, but it IS there for testing upgrades, failover, development work and even getting you through an upgrade if you have licence issues. Most importantly, the development licences do not cost you anything more than a few mouse clicks.

0 votes
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2013

Hi Kent,

All of our Licenses above the $10 starter licenses have acces to a Developer license, which can be used for staging servers or cold stand-by servers. To generate your Developer license simply follow these steps:

1. Log in to My Atlassian.
  2. Click the '+' sign of your Atlassian product, your account management screen will display.
  3. In the Actions section click "View Developer License."
  4. Review the Developer License agreement.
  5. Finally click "View" to agree. A license key will be presented. Copy and paste this key into your development server.

If you have a $10 start license, you will need to use a trial license for staging purposes!

Cheers,

Ivan.

0 votes
KentGran June 23, 2013

Excellent replies guys.

Thanks a lot for this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events