Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layouts

Juned Shaikh October 16, 2019

Hello Team,

I cannot add Single Layout to my page. The Page Layout option is not available for me.

Can you anyone help. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2019

Hello Juned,

Thank you for raising this issue with us. Can you confirm with me if you are on the Cloud version of Confluence?

Could you show me what your toolbar looks like currently when you're trying to add the layout option? Is this in a template, or a general page?

Regards,

Shannon

Juned Shaikh October 18, 2019

Hello @Shannon S 

This is my Confluence version I used.

License Information for Confluence Cloud

Confluence 1000.0.0-75685dacf2e
Copyright © 2003 - 2017 Atlassian Corporation Pty Ltd.
The use of this product is subject to the terms of the Atlassian End User Agreement, unless otherwise specified therein.
This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation.
This product includes software developed by Twitter, licensed under CC-BY 4.0

This product also includes the following libraries which are covered by the GNU LGPL license:

• tinymce-3.4.9-atlassian-11, LGPL 2.1, Source
  • tinymce-4, LGPL 2.1, Source

Also, I dont see the Page Layout option when I create a new page with new editing styles. it is the general new template. See the attachmentCapture.PNG
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2019

Hello Juned,

Thank you for confirming that information. The layout option is the button with the two columns at the top. You have a few layouts to choose from:

CleanShot 2019-10-18 at 16.04.34.pngIf you just want a single column, then you don't need to switch the layout, but you can change how the page is displayed here:

CleanShot 2019-10-18 at 16.06.21.png
We also have a feature request below to introduce even more layouts:

Can you confirm if that helps you, or if there's a particular layout you're trying to use that you're not able to?

Regards,

Shannon

Hello @Shannon S 

The above screenshot which you have suggested, i do have these options "two columns" and the "make the page to full-width". 

I do know to work with that. However, my challenge is following screenshot. I don't see the single view option which I circle it. I found this image from the community.

Capture.PNG

I hope it helps. Thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2019

Juned,

The image that you found is of the old editor, and that single column layout is the Full Width option.

In the new editor, by default, you're already on the single column layout, so you don't need to change anything. If you want it to be full-width, then you can click the errors at the top of your page and make the page full-width.

I hope that's clear!

Regards,

Shannon

Hey @Shannon S 

I will try and observe it if that is how it will work. Appreciate your time and support. Thanks!

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2019

You're welcome, Juned!

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Regards,

Shannon

yoni.degani March 3, 2020

Hi @Shannon S , following-up on this thread I seem to be using the new layout editor and having trouble finding the following capabilities:

1) Once in any column layout, I'm unable to return to single column layout.

- Not finding the "full width" option

- Current approach is to copy / paste the content out of the column and delete.

2) I'm not finding any ways to move sections up and down.

Quite frustrating! Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Yoni

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2020

Hi Yoni,

Welcome to Atlassian Community and thank you for bringing that up.

There's a feature request which was listed on our Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap which addresses those concerns, the lack of single column layout, and the requirement to copy and paste sections or to move them around on the page:

If you happen to notice any other issues, I recommend first checking the roadmap above, and if what you're looking for isn't there, you can raise a new question on Community. Make sure that it's a new question, so we can see it right away.

Take care,

Shannon

Laurie Kane March 28, 2021

Why didn't you just provide that information up front. It didn't have to be 10 messages to get to the obvious limiting factor.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2021

Hello Laurie,

Thank you for your thoughts. The original question is from October 2019. Juned's question did not have sufficient details to know if they referred to Cloud, Server, or Data Center. The answer, of course, depends on that. I prefer not to overload people with information that is not relevant to their situation.

Once I could confirm that information, I answered the question within the same afternoon. Any additional responses were to explain the difference between the legacy editor in our documentation and the new editor.

I understand you are frustrated, but please know that we work to create a supportive atmosphere here in Atlassian Community. I will refer you to our Rules of Engagement.

We aim to be inclusive, constructive, and empowering rather than confrontational, aggressive, or spammy. For specific examples,you can read our voice and tone guide here.

Thank you again, and take care.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events