Jira gadget not working in Confluence

Amit Girme March 14, 2012

Hi,

Jira portlet is not available for version more than 4.x

We have set-up of JIRA (v4.2.4-b591#591) and Confluence 3.5.13

We have enabled OAuth within Jira for Confluence and vice versa.

More over we have added Gadget Specification URL

So everything seems to be fine..

But, when we click on "Insert/Edit Macro" link in Confluence page and add the required details no information is getting saved.

e.g. i am adding "pie chart" gadget but it is resolving the URL to only

{gadget:url=http://(MY.ATLASSIAN.COM)/rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:pie-chart-gadget/gadgets/piechart-gadget.xml|width=auto}{gadget}

neither the project information getting resolved in URL nor showing it when i save the page and try viewing it in there.

Most of the users facing issue of no project under the select list. I was facing it initially but later I resolved it from my end.

Can any one help me with this?

5 answers

1 vote
Amit Girme February 11, 2013

I dont want to debug more on this as I read one comment in here is the fix would be reintall

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22345

Now a days I am feeling that atlassian losing the quality of the apps. Lots of things on architectural level is chaging frequently and its not a good sign forcasting the future of software.

This is not only for Confluence but for others as well like Jira etc. I am into administration since 7+ years now. and production instance could not be reinstall for such minor errors.. I will surely have an alternative for it.

0 votes
Dhananjay Kale December 4, 2019

Hi,

Try to add the gadget URL on the external gadget (you need admin privilege)

Browse--> confluence admin --> (configuration) external gadget

also add make sure the Jira is added in the application link too

taken from here -- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Re-I-cannot-display-JIRA-Gadgets-in-Confluence/qaq-p/374124/comment-id/63264#M63264

0 votes
Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Nothing in the Jira or the Confluence logs? Try increasing the log levels and enabling HTTP logging on the Jira side and refresh the Confluence page. If you don't see anything in Jira after that then the requests aren't getting from Confluence to Jira. That would point to a network issue.

0 votes
Amit Girme February 6, 2013

The worst part is nothing in logs :(

0 votes
Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013
  1. Are there any errors in the logfiles on Confluence or Jira?
  2. Do you see anything occupying the space on the Confluence page where the pie chart should be?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events