Issue with JSON-Table Macro Replacement in Confluence

Prudhvi Raju Kanithi June 27, 2024

Hello everyone,

I’m currently facing an issue while trying to find a proper replacement for the JSON-Table macro from the Advanced Tables plugin in Confluence.

Problem Description:

• The JSON-Table macro from the Advanced Tables plugin which is about to decomission and we need an alternative. • I tried using the “Table from JSON” macro in Confluence. •

When using “Table from JSON”, the preview shows the following error: "Failed to retrieve data from URL": Forbidden URL: https://xxx.xxx.io/api/team_data Configure URL allowed list

• I attempted to follow the link to “Configure URL allowed list”, but it redirects through SSO and then arrives at a Confluence page that states: "Something went wrong We couldn't log you in."

This may be for a variety of reasons. We suggest trying again.

Steps Taken: 1. I added our Confluence URL to the allowed list as per the instructions.

2. Encountered the “forbidden URL” error despite the addition.

3. Attempted to access the URL allowed list configuration, but faced issues with SSO login and received an error page.

Request:

• Could anyone provide guidance on how to correctly configure the URL allowed list to resolve the “forbidden URL” error?

• Is there an alternative approach or workaround to successfully use the “Table from JSON” macro or another method to display JSON data in Confluence?

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! 

1 answer

2 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2024

Hi @Prudhvi Raju Kanithi ,

The Table from JSON macro is provided by the Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app that we develop.

Here is the link to our documentation regarding the white lists: https://docs.stiltsoft.com/tfac/dc-server/configuring-parameters-of-table-filter-charts-spreadsheets-50696283.html#ConfiguringparametersofTableFilter,Charts&Spreadsheets-HowtoaddlocalURLstotheAllowedURLlist(HowtouseTablefromCSVmacroTFACTablefromCSV,TablefromJSONmacros)

If you are still stuck, you may refer to our support portal that is confidential and where you'll be able to share more details.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events