Is there an import plugin being prepared for MS PowerPoint?

Anselmo January 22, 2013

For training documentation my colleagues still prefer to waste a lot of time with creating presentation slides, which nobody keeps track of later on. Wiki has a lot of advantages to establish single source up to date training documents. But graphical features are poor. If we could use layered graphical content, an import feature from PowerPoint should not be a big thing.

Meanwhile an import function could make a pdf of each slide and embed it as a single picture to a single article.

Is there something like this already?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Hi there,

It isn't currently possible to import Powerpoint presentations into Confluence and whilst there was a feature request opened for this, it was closed as won't fix because Confluence doesn't currently have any presentation type features: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27459

However, it is possible to embed presentations directly into pages by using one of the options outlined in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Embedding+PowerPoint+Presentations+in+a+Page

There is also a workaround suggested in the feature request that suggests you could try to copy and paste the content of the Powerpoint file into a Word Document and then import it using the Import Word option, (Import using Tools > Import Word).

I hope that helps a bit,
John

Anselmo January 27, 2013

Of course this is not exactly, what I was hoping for. But I have to accept it.

At least I'm still searching for an option to display Wiki content in full screen mode (without the bars, which aren't needed during presentation). By that there would be enough space to visualize content comparably to PowerPoint. This would even be more urgent than importing PowerPoint, because it would be the logical next request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events