Is there a way to subscribe to labels in Confluence?

Johan Ferner June 11, 2013

Hello.

You can subscribe to a space or to a blog. Is there a way to subscribe to a label and get a summary email or immediate emails from confluence?

Thanks,

Johan

5 answers

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

Hello Johan,

This is not yet a functionality of Confluence. My first thought would be to create a page with the label macro and add yourself as a watcher to this. However, content aggregated in the label macro is only available on view.

The RSS Feedbuilder is a good option if you want to receive your notifications outside of Confluence.

If that will not work for you I have created the following feature request.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29616

Please visit and vote on this issue to improve it's chances of being rolled into a future version of Confluence.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

sorry, I haven't played with it enough.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2013

This might be your ticket, then:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+the+RSS+Feed+Builder

It appears to have some support for labels.

Yes I saw that already. But I actually want emails sent out. And the feed builder doesn't support that correct?

0 votes

Exactly! Labels seem to be RSS feed oriented from what I understand right now...

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2013

I assume what you are asking is if you can get an email any time a particular label is applied to a new page, or if any page that has a label you want to watch changes?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events