Is there a way to integrate two jira instances with Confluence?

Hari Prabhu December 22, 2014

Hi,

We would like to integrate two JIRA instances with Confluence. Will just the app links be enough to integrate it?

We are not sure how would it behave after integration as we currently have one instance and mention the JIRA issues directly and use saved filters etc.

Regards,

Hari

3 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2014

You can integrate more than one JIRA instances to a single Confluence. You have to mark one of the application links as primary but you can pick the other one when you create issues, filters etc. Existing links will point to primary unless changed.

Also, if both JIRA instances has the same projects, I assume it will point to primary unless specified in the macro. Never tried it myself but worth testing it.

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2014

Hi Hari,

I was able to find another question with the same doubt as you have here.

The best would be to export space by space and import into the instance you would like.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Hari Prabhu December 22, 2014

Rodrigo, Thanks for your answer. But my query was integrating two JIRA instances with one confluence instance. So exporting and importing spaces is not the right solution for us.

Jobin, Thanks. Your answer seems to have resolved my query. I will try it out and see how it behaves. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events