Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to execute a script in Jira with a Confluence Listener?

Lennard W March 30, 2021

Hey, is there any way to execute a script in Jira that is triggered by a Confluence Listener? I want to create several issues in Jira with the information from Confluence. Therefore I want to build a Listener in Confluence that listens for the PageUpdateEvent and then executes the script in Jira. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

1 answer

3 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

Hey Lennard,

Yes, this is definitely possible! I actually just published a blog about this on our website. Our use case is slightly different (we have a listener in Jira that invokes a script in Confluence), but you should be able to apply the same principles. Do you want to give the blog a read and see if it's what you're after?

https://www.adaptavist.com/blog/how-to-use-scriptrunner-to-automate-code-review-best-practice

Best regards,

Josh

Lennard W March 31, 2021

Hey Josh,

Thank you for your fast reply. I think this is what I was looking for. Do you have any idea which parts I need to change? Since I am not that familiar with groovy it is quite hard for me to make changes.

Best regards,

Lennard 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events