Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable the Full Name field in user registration?

viktor mason June 28, 2015

Hello. I would just like to have members register with Usernames and omit the required Full Name field. I would also like it if the usernames were displayed instead of names. I couldn't find a setting for that under user management. Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2015

You'll need to amend quite a lot of core code in Confluence to do that - users prefer the use of their real name, and it's a lot more sociable and friendly to use a display name, so Confluence does this correctly and allows a display name.

0 votes
viktor mason June 30, 2015

Well that's unfortunate. Page edits for instance lists my full name instead of my username. Usernames are the norm for the majority of collaboration and forum CMS. There's lots of situations where privacy is a concern. Especially for the 10-25 user licenses, these are not for the fortune 500 companies where real names and employee IDs are required.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2015

Nothing to stop you entering a username or "Raymond throatwobbler Morgan" instead of a real name. And it doesn't matter if you're a small organisation if you're in a field that is regulated (it's illegal to not use identifiable names in finance for example - doesn't matter where you are, who you are or you have 1 employee or 100,000)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events