Is there a way to disable the Full Name field in user registration?

Hello. I would just like to have members register with Usernames and omit the required Full Name field. I would also like it if the usernames were displayed instead of names. I couldn't find a setting for that under user management. Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

You'll need to amend quite a lot of core code in Confluence to do that - users prefer the use of their real name, and it's a lot more sociable and friendly to use a display name, so Confluence does this correctly and allows a display name.

Well that's unfortunate. Page edits for instance lists my full name instead of my username. Usernames are the norm for the majority of collaboration and forum CMS. There's lots of situations where privacy is a concern. Especially for the 10-25 user licenses, these are not for the fortune 500 companies where real names and employee IDs are required.

Nothing to stop you entering a username or "Raymond throatwobbler Morgan" instead of a real name. And it doesn't matter if you're a small organisation if you're in a field that is regulated (it's illegal to not use identifiable names in finance for example - doesn't matter where you are, who you are or you have 1 employee or 100,000)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,891 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you