Is there a way to add an assignee when we create a Jira issue in a Confluence page ?

Deleted user June 4, 2013

I would like to know if there is a way to add an assignee when we create a Jira Issue in a confluence page ?

Thanks,

Caroline

14 answers

6 votes
Stanislav Rehak June 5, 2014

I don't understand why "Assignee" option is missing here:

3 votes
Kirill Velikanov June 9, 2014

I have exactly the same question. It's really needed

2 votes
RicardoAraya October 8, 2019

comme on!!!! so needed, Atlassian is making efforts in wrong aspects...

2 votes
Marc Addeo February 6, 2015

There has to be a way to get assignee, this really makes no sense to not have.

Does anyone know if there is a plugin that would fix this? It would make Action items in meeting notes actually useful, as I could create all the issues I need directly from the meeting notes. Instead, I create them in Confluence.. Then have to go into JIRA and set all the asignee's to the proper people. If I could just do it all in Confluence, it would be a much much better user experience.

2 votes
Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

You can try setting up default assignee in JIRA, so created issues will be auto-assigned.

1 vote
Davis Tiblier October 22, 2019

This is a feature that would be incredibly helpful to my team as well. 

1 vote
Lennart Daldrup November 15, 2018

Is there still no way to configure the Confluence "Create Issue" dialogue?!

It is currently absolutely useless for us since it requires the user to go into Jira and change the issues data (like assignee, story points, sprint and more) manually anyways.

Roland Mühlberger November 21, 2018

See "Have an assignee field when creating a JIRA issue from Confluence.", https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-34024. Just voted for it.

Like Martin Hilbig likes this
1 vote
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

Is there a feature request for this we can vote for already?

1 vote
Philipp Eckelmann May 20, 2015

We use Atlassian products for improving our productivity in our company. This said, the procedure of creating an issue out of Confluence is a mess. If I am not able to create an issue with the assignee out of Confluence the function is completely useless.

0 votes
Gal Brenner October 8, 2018

is there an answer?

0 votes
Martin Hilbig September 21, 2018

How the hell is this not fixed after 5 years is beyond udnerstanding.

0 votes
Mario Fanck September 14, 2017

Has anybody an answer? Thank you.

0 votes
Bill Tanner October 22, 2015

Agreed, if I highlight some text in Confluence and I want to create a JIRA issue out of it I want to be assigning it to someone.

Typically we do this out of meeting notes where action items are assigned to someone, so it'll cause a disconnect when trying to remember who that action item was assigned to when going back into JIRA.

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013

or you could use auto assign via components & assign to component lead

or you could do it via the create transition of the workflow

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events