Is there a possibility to use variables in usual pages (not only in templates)

Patrick.Weinstock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 6, 2019

In our confluence hosting, the variables are just usable when I start a template. After the page is created, the variable cannot be used anymore. Is there any possibility to use them on usual pages?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2019

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

Variables are only for building templates, and as you discovered, it's not possible to use them within pages.

We have a long-standing feature request for this below:

I do not believe this is something we plan on implementing any time soon, but you're welcome to vote on the request and add your feedback there.

You might want to have a look at the available Confluence add-ons on Marketplace, which have a few that deal with variables. They could help you to accomplish what you need.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Patrick.Weinstock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 17, 2019

Thank you!

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2019

You're welcome, Patrick. Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events