Is there a macro that searches content in a page and highlights them (just like CTRL + F)?

Lorena O. September 15, 2020

Hi all,

I would like to have a search macro that highlights the content I am looking for in a page.

I know CTRL + F does the job, but for the users of this specific page it might not be so obvious. I have tried all the search macros (Livesearch, Page Tree, Search) but they just show the page as a result.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

@Lorena O. This is cool use case, unfortunately there is no such feature in confluence by default.

I think custom development is only way to go forward with this.

0 votes
Victor Tang August 24, 2021

Does Confluence intend on building this macro for our pages for easy keyword searches?
Would Confluence create a macro that would allow Users to create keyboard shortcuts from button?

0 votes
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2021

Hi @Lorena O. 

our "iFinder Search Macro" could meet your requirements. It is part of our product "iFinder Confluence Search". In this article you can find more information about the iFinder Search Macro. Let me know if you need further information.

Bests, 

Robby

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events