Is it possible to still update from Confluence 2.6 to current version?

We are still maintaining an existing installation of Atlassian Confluence

Confluence Wiki Version: Build:#2.6.2 919

Does anybody know if it is possible to convert, import/export or whatever do to the content to get it to a current confluence version?

Additionally we are using a wizardpage plugin in the old installation. Does anybody have any experience if this is avaible and therefore convertible for a current confluence version?

Thank you very much in advance.

2 answers

2 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Danny Zuccaro Community Champion Dec 15, 2017

Hi Yvonne,

You will find a guide with suggested paths and steps for the Confluence upgrade here. Sorry I'm not familiar with the wizardpage plugin you mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Danny

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Yvonne,

You can upgrade, but it will take a few steps. I'm listing your upgrade path below, but you will really want to have a look at Upgrading Confluence for the complete set of details.

1. Upgrade to 2.7.4 then upgrade to 3.5.17
  2. Upgrade to 5.0.3 then upgrade to the latest version of Confluence 6.

You can download the versions of Confluence from our Download Archives.

As for Wizardpage, I am not familiar with this and I wasn't able to find anything about it online. Do you happen to know which company provided that add-on?

Regards,

Shannon

If memory serves, Wizardpage is effectively replaced with Blueprints in v5 (but it's an old old memory...)

Wow! Thanks, Nic for the details. I've only been working with Confluence since 2013 so I definitely didn't remember that.

Shannon

I'm old.  I remember Confluence 1...

Thanks a lot to everyone. 

I am only maintaining the system for a customer. Unfortunately I am not really familiar with the origin of the plugin. I will check with Blueprints as suggested!

Yvonne,

No worries! Let us know if you have any trouble with that. You can feel free to raise a new question if you get stuck with Blueprints and we'll be able to assist.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

590 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you