Is it possible to somehow display a document in Confluence so that it is pulled daily from a network

Дмитрий Пересекин January 15, 2020

Is it possible to somehow display a document in Confluence so that it is pulled daily from a network drive.

That is, we put the document on a network drive (daily changes are made to it) and Confluence automatically pulls it up every day and displays the contents. Or is this possible only inside Confluence, is there no way to organize such a process?

1 answer

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hi Дмитрий,

There's no built in way to to this, but I thought of a couple options you could explore:

• Configuring WebDAV in Confluence allows you to add attachments to pages just as you would add files to a folder on the server. If you had an automated process to update the file via Webdav, this would also update the file when viewing it in the front end. See Configuring a WebDAV client for Confluence for more details.
  • You may also want to search the Atlassian Marketplace to see if there are any 3rd-party plugins that might do this for you. I found one called External Attachments for Confluence that looks promising.

Also, in case you're not familiar you may also want to review how Confluence handles version history in files: Manage files - Upload a new version of an attached file. No matter which solution you use, it will likely involve uploading new versions of an attached file, and being familiar with how this works may help to find a solution.

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events