Is it possible to send an email notication when a user is added as a watcher to either a space or a page?

As per title, I would like users to be notified when they are added as watchers to either a space or a page.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

2 answers

I would simply use the "Share" feature, which will send an update to the page. Once the person edits the page, they will automatically become watchers. This also prevents people from being spammed by confluence pages/spaces.

No, it's not possible on the OnDemand platform (Confluence Cloud).

You could set up your own alerts using whatever technology you prefer if you're hosting your own Confluence instance though.

I am hosting my own Confluence instance. How can I setup an alert of this type?

Unfortunately Confluence doesn't provide bespoke notification functionality like JIRA does, otherwise you could just select the event and fire off the email notification. 

I've not tried to setup a bespoke Confluence alert system myself, but you have access to the front end, the database and an SMTP server so it absolutely should be possible.  Atlassian Support might be able to point you in the right direction, or if not there are consultants who will be able to set this up for you - try the Atlassian Experts: https://www.atlassian.com/experts

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,525 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you