Is it possible to send an email notication when a user is added as a watcher to either a space or a page?

Roberto Saltini October 16, 2016

As per title, I would like users to be notified when they are added as watchers to either a space or a page.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2016

No, it's not possible on the OnDemand platform (Confluence Cloud).

You could set up your own alerts using whatever technology you prefer if you're hosting your own Confluence instance though.

Roberto Saltini October 17, 2016

I am hosting my own Confluence instance. How can I setup an alert of this type?

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2016

Unfortunately Confluence doesn't provide bespoke notification functionality like JIRA does, otherwise you could just select the event and fire off the email notification. 

I've not tried to setup a bespoke Confluence alert system myself, but you have access to the front end, the database and an SMTP server so it absolutely should be possible.  Atlassian Support might be able to point you in the right direction, or if not there are consultants who will be able to set this up for you - try the Atlassian Experts: https://www.atlassian.com/experts

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2016

I would simply use the "Share" feature, which will send an update to the page. Once the person edits the page, they will automatically become watchers. This also prevents people from being spammed by confluence pages/spaces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events