Is it possible to pass something from ScriptRunner to atlassian-confluence.log?

Bartek Zukowski October 18, 2017

Hi,

In ScriptRunner for Jira it's pretty standard to log something in server logs to leave a mark that the script is doing something (especially something wrong).

But in ScriptRunner for Confluence I cannot find any information about passing data to server logs.

Simpliest log.warn("something") doesn't do anything, even in Logs tab of a Script Console.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

Hi Bartek,

If you update your "Logging and Profiling" settings by adding the following package name and set the log level to match your requirements, you should then see your script log output in your server logs:

onresolve.scriptrunner.runner

I hope this helps!

Bartek Zukowski March 16, 2018

Hi Stephen,

Does it require some newer version of Confluence? Because in our 5.9.6  it doesn't change anything...

Bartek Zukowski March 16, 2018

OK, I double checked it and I found one place when it works in some way: /confluence-home/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

It doesn't work in catalina.out and it doesn't work in Script Console's Logs tab.

Better than nothing I guess :)

Thanks, Stephen!

Like Hua Soon SIM _Akeles_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events