Is it possible to migrate confluence to Microsoft Azure?

Hello,

I want to migrate confluence (5.6.5) from my dedicated server (Windows 2008R2 + Microsoft SQL 2012) to Microsoft Azure. Is it possible?

Does anyone have such experience?

2 answers

Hi Dmitry,

It's perfectly possible to do a migration to a MS Azure VM. I believe the installation on an Azure server will be very smooth. I didn't have such experience bit I've found a blog that can clarify the things for you. It goes through the steps of the installation including the Azure configuration part, check it out:

http://www.sureshjoshi.com/development/installing-jira-and-confluence-on-azure-again/

Hope this helps you. smile

Cheers

Hi Thiago,

Thank you for response. I've already seen this blog. I think I will try to follow it. The cause why did I ask the question here - is to get an official comment from Atlassian community. And maybe there are official documents or official recommendations.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

964 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you