Is it possible to increase the input area size for template variables?

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2019

So I'm creating some templates and have been using the template variables as forms fields basically to walk users through their documents. However, I'd like to also be able to use area variables.

Is there a way to increase the size of the input field of these template variables?

2019-08-08 09_32_03-Window.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hello Heth,

Thank you for contacting us. I believe here you are using a text field, but multi-line text is what you are looking for. Here is an example of how that will look when adding it to a page:

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 13.13.30.png

And on the page when using the template:

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 13.16.08.pngCould you give that a try and let me know if you have any trouble?

Regards,

Shannon

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

How did you do this? When I click on the variables in edit mode I don't get options like that.

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

Disregard. I've just figured it out. This is what I was referring to. Thank you!

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hi Heth,

Happy to be able to help! :) 

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events