Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have a survey open to pubic with the Multivote&Enterprise Survey for Confluence?

David February 12, 2021

I saw in survey permissions that you can list users or groups for who is authorized to vote but can you make it open to the public?

Thanks,

DB

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Fischer February 12, 2021

Hi @David ,

could you provide a bit more detail on what "public" means? Do you mean anonymous users or the possibility that any logged-in user can vote?

From a technical viewpoint, we will not be able to provide the option to vote for anonymous users anytime soon.

If you refer to "public = any logged-in user", then this is something we did not consider. I've created a story for this suggestion https://tngtech.atlassian.net/browse/SURVEY-724.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Dennis

David February 12, 2021

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, my user was thinking for anonymous access.  

I searched your documentation and there was no mention of it anywhere. It may be a good informative idea to add a simple sentence explaining this in the permission area.

Note: I could not vote for the issue you created above.

Thanks,

DB

Like Dennis Fischer likes this
rafael.adler August 16, 2022

@Dennis Fischer is there any update? I have the same feature request as @David.

Matthias Bertsch [TNG Technology Consulting]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2022

Hi @rafael.adler,

If you refer to voting for anonymous users, we currently do not offer this functionality. Also, we have no plans to offer this functionality anytime soon.

Could you please tell us a bit more about your use case? If such a survey type would be available, the survey would be anonymous and anybody would be able to complete the survey multiple times.

Best,
Matthias

rafael.adler August 17, 2022

Hi Matthias,

thanks for coming back to me. We want to host some internal surveys and ensure that nobody pays attention to the voter's role in the company.

Best,
rafael

Matthias Bertsch [TNG Technology Consulting]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2022

Hi @rafael.adler,

This sounds like you are looking for anonymous surveys, which is different to voting for anonymous users. Anonymous surveys are possible.

In anonymous surveys, answers cannot be linked to the respective users as we do not store any connection between the user and the answer. We only store who answered and which answers were given. Therefore, even survey administrators cannot link answers to users.

You can find more information about anonymous surveys in our documentation.

Best,
Matthias

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events