Is it possible to get my page ranked first in search results?

Our team is responsible for supporting databases. We want our page to rank first when users search for the keyword 'database' using the search field in the Confluence menu bar. Is this possible? If so, how do I do this?

1 answer

Hi Robin,

Short answer:

You can't (in any meaningful way)

Longer answer:

This page explains the weightings for search results.  You might be able to "game" this a bit to boost a particular page, but you probably won't see much benefit, especially when the word "database" is so common.

This question has more information, including a link to an enhancement request to provide the ability to tweak the rankings.  However, that question is from 2012 and the ticket is still open, so presumably it's very low priority for Atlassian.

You can integrate Google Search into your Atlassian instance; this question talks a bit about it, although you'll probably have to engage a 3rd party to do it for you.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

375 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you